STAT Tracking Tool
Our client, a large purveyor of services to the Steel manufacturing industry, has large quantities of employees throughout the Midwest. From replacing furnaces to shoveling snow, they have a large workforce at various plants helping their clients with a range of tasks, many in dangerous environments. The STAT tool keeps track of daily training, incidents and accidents, coupled with a great reporting tool.
Using Access and SQL Server Azure, IT Impact, Inc. was able to design a custom SQL Server database along with Microsoft Access to keep track of a wide range of safety activities such as: Training, Incidents, Accidents, Alerts and procedure documentation in a single tool.
The client had an older Access database that was not cloud enabled, did not have a report generator and did not allow for uploading of documents. They needed a modern solution that could address all these issues as well as be easy to use.
IT Impact, Inc. designed a modern application that allowed the client to perform the following:
- Daily Training Activities: The system allows authorized users to enter training topics, attendees and upload sign in sheets as proof of attendance. Typical topics are: Safety Glasses Usage, Wearing Appropriate Clothing, etc.,
- Specialty Training Log: Some employees receive certified training, such as welding or forklift driving. The system keeps track of their certification expiration and allows managers to schedule refresher courses.
- Safety Library: Managers can upload documents to the cloud detailing safety procedures on a wide range of subjects. Users can than download and print them for reference or training sessions.
- Incident and Accident logging: Managers use the tool to enter all the details regarding this event, which are then logged for follow ups and reporting purposes.
- Multi-Plant and Multi-User: Using SQL Server in the cloud and our expertise in this area, the entire system can service multiple plants and many users at once, allowing management to see at a glance the performance of the company in the area of safety.
Using Access, SQL Server and Windows Azure, we developed a cloud enabled solution the whole firm can use to enforce a safety conscious environment in the workplace, allowing our client to “Discover the power of their data!”